Wednesday 5 October 2022

Conductors for HF Antennas

Received from Anne: 

A very interesting article was sent to me by Club member, Johan Sevenster, ZS1A. The article was originally published in the ARRL QEX Magazine back in November / December 2000.  It discusses the merits of various antenna metals with actual measurements such as with stainless steel, aluminum, solid versus stranded wire etc.  [Our chairman] Rob assures me our members will enjoy it.

I haven't been able to get permission to use this article in our Newsletter, so the best way for me to do this is to send you the link to it so you can have a look for yourselves. I am sure you will find it very interesting.
 
Follow this link:    

Conductors for HF Antennas

 Putting up an antenna for the low bands? What kind of wire will you use? 

This analysis may change your plans.

By Rudi Stevens, N6NF